Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
Are you struggling with life’s daily burdens? Are you swamped by your daily troubles in relationships, finances and family? Think it not strange, because we all go through challenging times, trials and troubles. But you are exactly where God wants you to be — at the place where you can hear from Him. Take a walk down a new road. These easy steps will take you down a more fulfilling path — to a new life through Jesus Christ.
It’s as simple as A-B-C:
A — Admit that you are a sinner.
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. As a result of Adam’s sin, all men are separated from God. There is nothing good enough that any of us can do to bridge that separation on our own. But we thank God that He makes a way for us to be forgiven, cleansed and righteous in His sight. How?
B — Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16, NIV.
C — Confess that Jesus is Lord.
That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. Romans 10:9-10, NIV.
Begin by praying this from your heart:
“Father, I know that I have broken Your laws and my sins have separated me from You. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward You. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite You, Jesus, to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.”
Congratulations and Welcome To God’s Family!
Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment:
• Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
• Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
• Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Start with 15 minutes and build your way up to an hour.
• Develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
• Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
• Find a local church where you can worship God. If you are in the South Suburb of Chicago, we welcome and invite you to contact us at The Eagle’s Nest Worship Center!
• We have been praying for you and would love to hear about your decision for Jesus!
It would be our privilege to encourage you in your new life in Christ! God bless and we love you!